Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Movies!


So many movies, so little time. I seem to be saying that a lot lately. Besides reading, hiking and herding the cats, going to the movies is one of my favorite adventures. I buy a small bag of popcorn, bottle of water, find my favorite spot in the first row of the second tier so I can put my feet up on the metal bar, and wait for the theatre to go dark.

So far this summer I’ve seen X-Men: First Class, Midnight in Paris and Super 8. The performances in the lead roles of X-Men: First Class were superb (James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender) and I always find that franchise’s message fascinating –do we embrace people who are different than us or fear them? Midnight in Paris was a surprisingly lovely film, clever, creative and inspirational, especially for artists.

I love films that inspire. A few of my favorites include Dave, Monsters Inc., The Kid, Remember the Titans and The King’s Speech (there is a PG 13 version, fyi).
What about you? Have you seen any movies that have inspired you? Do share!

No comments: