Today we're welcoming Cara Madison, the heroine of Protecting Her Own by Margaret Daley, June 2011.
Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
I am a bodyguard with Guardians, Inc. I have recently returned from an assignment in Africa and have come back to my hometown to help my father recover from having a stroke. But someone isn't happy with my father and has sent him a bomb for his birthday.
2. So, during the book you met Connor Fitzgerald. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
Connor was my high school boyfriend, but it didn't work out for us. We wanted different things in life so we parted. He was back visiting his grandfather when the bomb went off at my dad's house. Since Connor worked for the state police, he was brought into the case and into my life again.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
4. What scares you?
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I hadn't spent so much of my time trying to prove myself to my father.
My faith has been strong but after the incident in Africa, leaving a woman dead, I have been questioning my beliefs.
Without the Lord, I don't know if I would have made it through the attempt on my life. It was His strength I drew on.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?